Recipe | Quinoa Fritters
- 3 eggs (2 whole eggs and 1 egg yoke)
- 130g quinoa
- 1 spring onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 50g plain flour
- 2 tbs lightest philadelphia cheese
This recipe makes either 6 large fritters or 12 small.
- Place the quinoa in a pan with cold water and bring to a bowl, cooking for 12 minutes. Once cooked leave to cool.
- Add 2 eggs and 1 egg yoke to a mixing bowl and combine 2 cloves of crushed garlic, spring onion, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, oregano, plain flour, philadelphia cheese and the quinoa gently together.
- Heat a large frying pan with vegetable oil, wait til the oil is hot and spoon the mixture into three similar sized fritters - repeat this process until you have no mixture leftover.
- Cook each fritter for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Season with salt and pepper to finish.
I chose to serve my fritters with a homemade garlic mayo (combining light mayo with a splash of water, crushed garlic and a pinch of oregano) and, some char grilled veg found in my local supermarket.
This recipe would be perfect with a light salad or a homemade salsa. Perfectly warm but not too spicy on a cold January day.